The extensive training management functions of SDMS V Staff Development and Learning Management have now been extended by SDMS QCF Manager. SDMS QCF Manager allows users to maintain records of QCFs being taken by staff allowing them to plan and track the award of each Unit leading to the overall National Vocational Qualification. It is integrated into SDMS V Staff Development and consists of: Qualification Set-up, Person's Vocational Qualifications and Analysis and Reports.
Qualification Set Up
QCF Qualifications and Awards can be defined within the software. Data recorded includes QCF qualification code, qualification title, awarding body reference and name, occupational area of QCF, QCF qualification level, area of training. Where required, details of the QCF Units leading to the award may be defined in terms of unit code and unit description. Once defined, the QCF qualifications and awards which have been set up are used in the process of tracking individual staff QCF involvements and achievements.
QCF Award Enrolment and Achievement
Users can record QCF awards and qualifications against named employees, QCF units achieved, and registration and assessor details. Qualifications achieved are automatically added to the qualifications record held against each employee within SDMS V Staff Development. Data captured for each employee undertaking QCFs includes date registration applied for and registration date, assessor name, target date for award and date award achieved. Unit code, description and unit achievement date are held for each unit undertaken.
Analysis and Management Reports
- Involvement Summary by Person - provides a summary of the QCFs/Units that each person has been involved in.
- QCF Involvement Summary by Assessor - provides a summary of the QCFs/Units that each Assessor has been involved in.
- QCF Involvement Summary - provides a summary of all those people involved in the QCF.
- QCF Involvement Count by Level - provides numerical and graphical counts of the QCFs undertaken in each level.
- QCF Involvement Count by occupational Area - provides numerical and graphical counts of the QCFs undertaken in each occupational area
- QCF Involvement Count by Training Area - numerical and graphical counts of the QCFs undertaken in each Training area.
- Target Achievement Report - shows difference in days between the target date for achievement and the actual date of the achievement of the award/unit.
- Time Achievement Report - shows the time taken in days to achieve the award/unit for each person.